MBA Admission Policy 2022
This document summarizes the approach of IIM Jammu to prepare the admission list for its MBA Batch 2022-24. The batch size is likely to be around 240. IIM Jammu reserves the right to modify any part of this document, including the various criteria and cut-offs mentioned at any time till the actual admission process for the batch is completed
The admission process of IIM Jammu consists of:
- CAT Examination
- Shortlisting the candidates for Personal Interview (PI) process.
- Conducting the Personal Interview (PI) process: The 9 IIMs (IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Trichy, and IIM Udaipur) together will conduct Personal Interview (PI) through Common Admission Process(CAP 2022 process) to be coordinated this year by IIM Trichy.
- In addition to the Common Admission Process as mentioned, IIM Jammu will conduct an additional Supplementary Admission Process ( SAP 2022) for candidates who meet IIM Jammu PI shortlisting criteria but do not meet the CAP 2022 cut off criteria.
- Preparing the Merit List based on CAT, PI, and Profile scores are indicated in the following tables.
- Last date for withdrawal of Provisional admission offer and refund of Fee Paid: 05:30 PM, July 12, 2022 (Tentative date)
Criteria for Shortlisting to PI process
The cut-off percentile marks for shortlisting for Personal Interview (PI) process in the three sections and the total CAT percentile for different categories of students are given below as decided in the Common Admission Process 2022:
|Category||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Percentile||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Percentile||Quantitative Ability Percentile||Overall Percentile|
IIM Jammu's Admission Committee will decide the number of candidates who would be called for the Personal Interview (PI) process based on criteria prepared for each category. However, if the actual number of short-listed candidates were found to be less (more) than the required number of candidates to be called for PI category-wise, then the overall as well as section-wise minimum score would be reduced (increased) to get the desired number of candidates.
* In case of female candidates under the general category, the overall cut-off percentile marks for eligibility for Personal Interview (PI) process is greater or equal to 85 with sectional cut-offs of 75 percentile. However, getting an overall CAT percentile of greater or equal to 85 does not automatically guarantee a call for Personal Interview (PI) process. Within this pool of eligible candidates, the final list of candidates to be called for Personal Interview (PI) process will be decided strictly based on order of merit and as per the requirements of IIM Jammu.
Criteria for Preparing the Merit List
The criteria for preparing the merit list will be based on the score obtained after adding the following:
- CAT Score : 0.4* Absolute CAT Percentile
- Personal Interview (PI) : 30 Marks
- Profile : 30 Marks
The above three scores shall be added and will be used to make the final merit list.
2.1 CAT Score (40% weightage)
IIM Jammu will use CAT 2021 score. One candidate can get maximum 40 marks
2.2 Personal Interview (PI) (30% weightage)
- Personal Interview (PI) Maximum : 30 marks
2.3 Profile (30% weightage)
One candidate can get maximum 30 marks.
- Academic Profile maximum: 9
- Work Experience maximum: 8
- Diversity (Academic & Gender) maximum: 13 marks
2.3.1 Academic Profile (9 Marks)
IIM Jammu will consider the following weightage:
- 10th Standard : 3
- 12th Standard : 3
- Graduation : 3
The following would be the basis for scoring candidates with respect of their academic profiles:
|Range of Marks||10th Class||12th Class|
|60.01 to 70||1.0||1.0|
|70.01 to 80||1.5||1.5|
|80.01 to 90||2.0||2.0|
|90.01 to 95||2.5||2.5|
|Range of Marks||Graduation|
|60.01 to 70||0.5|
|70.01 to 80||1|
|80.01 to 85||1.5|
|85.01 to 90||2.0|
|90.01 to 95||2.5|
2.3.2 Work Experience (8 marks)
Following will be the basis for scoring candidates:
|Months||< =12||12.01-18||18.01-24||24.01-36||36.01-48||48.01- 60||>60|
** Only completed months will be considered
2.3.3 Diversity (13 marks)
Gender Diversity (8 marks)
Academic Discipline Diversity (5 marks)
The following academic disciplines are eligible for diversity score:
IIM Jammu will follow strictly the Government of India's Reservation Policy:
|NC - OBC||27%|
5. Offer Acceptance Fee and Withdrawal
A candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Jammu and accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send along with Offer Acceptance, an Offer Acceptance amount of Rs.50,000/-. If a candidate subsequently wishes to withdraw the offer within the withdrawal date specified by the Institute, Offer Acceptance Amount will be refunded after deducting Rs. 1,000 as processing charges. If a candidate applies for withdrawal after the date specified by the Institute, no refund will be admissible. If a candidate registers for the program, his/her Offer Acceptance Amount will be adjusted against Term I Fee. In the event of withdrawal from the Program after registration, no refund of Offer Acceptance Amount & Term Fee will be made.
For more information, visit CAT website: www.iimcat.ac.in
Any dispute concerning Admissions for the MBA Batch 2022-24 would be subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of city of Jammu Only.
For MBA related admissions queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org /
Contact Number : 0191-3510315.