This document summarizes the approach of IIM Jammu to offer admissions to Overseas Indian and Foreign Candidates for its MBA Batch 2021-23. IIM Jammu reserves the right to modify any part of this document including the various criteria and cut offs mentioned at any time till the actual admission process for the batch is completed.
Overseas Indian Candidate (OIC)
Overseas Indian Candidate are The Indian Citizens with a Valid passport, residing outside India for at least 12 months continuously as on December 30, 2020. The candidate shouldn’t be residing in India at the time of CAT exam.
Foreign Candidate (FC)
Foreign candidate are the foreign citizens who hold a valid passport of a foreign country.
Number of seats
The number of seats available to OIC and FC candidates will not exceed 36 (15%) of the proposed batch size of 240. The institute reserves the right to admit a smaller number of candidates based on the candidate profile and other parameters used to prepare the merit list.
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA i.e. 6 CGPA on a 10-point scale. A valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score of 650 and above is required to apply for the MBA programme at IIM Jammu. The medium of instruction is in the English language.
The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed above can apply online to IIM Jammu MBA programme. The link for applying online will be active in due course of time. The last date of receipt of application form is January 31, 2021.
Apply online for the MBA programme and upload the requisite list of documents.
Steps to be followed
- Fill the online application form
- GMAT Test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Three recommendation letters either from employer or teacher
- Attested copy of Passport
- A non-refundable application-processing fee of US $ 100 (Online payment)
- Mark sheets of Bachelor’s Degree and Qualifying Degree Certificate
- The Admissions Office will process the eligible applications and inform the candidates who are short- listed to appear for interview (if required). An interview call letter along with the interview form will be send to the short-listed candidates. An online interview will be conducted of the short-listed candidates.
- Get the provisional admission letter from the Admissions Office, to obtain the VISA. Letter required for VISA will also be sent along with Admission Offer.
- Show the Admission offer, and recommendation letter meant for VISA to the Indian Embassy in the respective country and get a student visa endorsed to institution.
- Report to the institution for admission. Fill the programme registration form and submit it with the following documents (in original along with a photocopy duly attested):
- Degree/ Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination, which includes SSC, HSC and Bachelor’s Degree.
- Mark sheets of qualifying examination.
- Student visa in original.
- A photocopy of their passport.
- Equivalence and eligibility certificate from Association of Indian Universities wherever applicable.
- Duly filled and signed declaration forms – Parent and Student
- Recent passport size photographs – 4 Nos.
- Admission of international students will be confirmed only after verification of original certificates, medical fitness test and payment of required fees.
- Within a week of arrival in India register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police.
- The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making an endorsement to this effect and due verification of the same.
- Medical Examination: The candidates will be required to undergo the medical examination and get the medical fitness certificate. As per Government of India (I) rules all international students entering India on student visa have to be tested for HIV and will not be given admission if found to be positive. All international students will be required to pay medical fees of US $50, which includes the medical insurance cover for the first year. For second year, the medical insurance fees will be same as for other Indian students and is included in other fees.
Fee and Payment schedule
The candidate after receiving provisional admission offer should get the student VISA and complete all other requirements including fee payment. The candidates also need to report at the institute for registration on the date prescribed by the institute. Subsequently the candidate needs to pay the requisite fee as per the following schedule in Indian Rupees. The amount shown in US$ is equivalent one.
|First Year||First||6500||July 2021|
- The tuition fee includes cost of academic materials, library, computer lab and sports facilities. However, it does not include medical expenses.
- Discipline: The international students will abide by all the rules and regulations of the admissions and the programme set by IIM Jammu. In case of any differences on the interpretation of these rules and regulations, the interpretation of the Institute authorities will be final. The fees are liable to revision and students will have to pay the revised fees as applicable. The decision of the Institution authorities will be final and binding if the points are not stated.
For MBA related admissions queries, please write to email@example.com.