Dr. Harsha Jariwala completed her graduation in B.B.A.(Finance) from B. J. V.M., Sardar Patel University, VallabhVidyanagar and M.B.A. (Finance) from S. K. School of Business Management, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan. She completed her Ph.D. in Management. She is an UGC-NET Qualified Teacher for Management and possessing fifteen years of teaching experience in Post Graduate Management Course. In 2020, she is included in the list of “Top 100 Women in Finance” under progressing category by Association of International Wealth Management of India (AIWMI). She is empanelled as a Financial Education Resource Person by Securities and Exchange Board of India and Financial Literacy Resource Person for National Centre for Financial Education jointly established by RBI, SEBI, IRDAI and PFRDA. She is also empanelled as a Securities Market Trainer by Securities and Exchange Board of India. She is also associated with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for promoting financial literacy among underprivileged students under NUSSD Project. She is awarded as the “Jury Choice Distinguished Alumni Award for Women Achiever” for her exceptional achievements and outstanding leadership by GEMS Alummni Association, Faculty of Management Studies, Ganpat University.
She has published a book titled “Financial Literacy and Investment Decision: A Case of Indian Investors”. She has more than 20 research papers published at national and international journals including ABDC list, Taylor & Francis, Palgrave a name few. Till date she has presented 30 research papers on the theme of financial education, financial literacy, personal finance, financial planning, financial behaviours, out of which her 11 research papers are awarded as the Best Research Paper of the conference organized by renowned management institutions across India. Her Ph.D. thesis has also secured “The Best PhD Thesis Award” conferred by Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore and “The Best Research Paper under Advanced Research State Category” at the first Doctoral Colloquium organized by Ganpat University.
Her areas of interest includes corporate finance, fundamental analysis of companies and investment banking.
Ph.D. in Management
M.B.A. (Finance) from S. K. School of Business
Management, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University
B.B.A.(Finance) from B. J. V.M., Sardar, Patel University
Financial Statement Analysis
Financial Literacy Resource Person (National Centre for Financial Education- Jointly promoted by RBI, SEBI, IRDAI, PFRDA)
Financial Educatation Resorce Person- SEBI
Security Market Trainer - SEBI
1. Included in the list of “Top 100 Women in Finance in 2020” under progressing category by Association of International Wealth Management of India (AIWMI) for empowering more than 15,000 women in rural areas on personal finance and research work in the field of financial literacy.
2. Awarded as the Distinguished Alumni of the year 2020- “Distinguished Jury Choice Award for Women Achiever” from GEMS Alumni Association, Faculty of Management Studies, Ganpat University, North Gujarat.
3. Best Research Paper Award for the paper titled “Effect of Perception Differences in Money Communication between Parent-Adolescents on Financial Autonomy: An Experimental Study using Financial Education Workshops” at SEBI- NISM Research Conference on Changing Landscape of Securities Markets organized by SEBI and NISM during January 22-24, 2020.
4. Best Research Ppaer Award for paper titled “Post Demonetization: Do Money Inventory Attitude Factors are reflected by Money Inventory” at the International Conference on Enhancing Economic Productivity and Competitiveness through Financial and Monetary Reforms held at Centre for Financial Services, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad on October 6- 7, 2017.
5. Best Research Paper Award for a paper titled “Exploring the Impact of Mutual Funds Selection Decision Factors on Investors’ Perception in India” at “The Best Research Paper Contest” at the 11th International Conference on Developing competencies & skills for global competitiveness held at Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore on February 05, 2017.
6. Best Research Paper Award for a paper titled “Determinants of Financial Literacy Level of Women of Gujarat State” at the first international conference on “Personal Finance for Indian Women: The Strategic Dimensions” organized by Centre for Financial Planning, Training and Research for Women and Center for Promotion of Research in Indian Management and Ethos at 10 Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur on January 15-16, 2016.