Advertisement No: IIMJ/Non- Faculty Rect/2022/02
Indian Institute of Management Jammu
Web Advertisement for Non-Faculty Positions under MGNF
1. Program Manager (Educational Programs): One Post (Contract)
IIM Jammu invites application for the position of Program Manager for short-duration certificate programs in Public Policy and Management under Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF). These certificate programs may have class-room and/or rural immersion components and an important challenge will be ensuring a consistent training-cum-learning environment. A key responsibility will be to ensure consistent reporting of the program's activities to its clients to showcase the program's timely execution. Managing payment milestones, motivating the team, and maintaining long- term clarity on program risks, and operational concerns will be important for success in this role. The candidate is expected to join a team of academics and practitioners in successfully managing such training programs.
Contractual Payment: Rs. 60,000 - 75,000 per month
Upper Age Limit: 40 years
Post Graduate Management/ Social Sciences/ Statistics/ Development Studies/ Rural Technology/ or related fields with a strong academic record from a reputed academic institution.
Approximately five years of working experience in project management, preferably with a reputed national/ international organization in social development. Candidates without a post-graduate but with at least ten years of work experience and relevant work experience will be considered.
Overall administrative responsibility for all academic and operational activities; Develop key reports, including financial reporting, and manage training program milestones; Manage and monitor a distributed team and oversee fieldwork of participants (where appropriate); Maintain routine engagement with key client; Develop protocols to ensure smooth functioning of the Academic and District Immersion modules of the program to ensure an integrated delivery of the program; Plan long & short-term resource needs in accordance with the requirement of training programs.
Key Skills/ Abilities/Knowledge required:
Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.; Familiarity with financial accounting and report writing is strongly preferred; Demonstrated experience working on policy and programmatic issues with multiple stakeholders including national, local governments and civil society organizations including community organizations; Attention to detail, planning, and task-orientation; Some travel will be required.
Period of engagement:
The MGNF contract is for a period of two years. Initial offer will be given for one-year, extendable up to the duration of the project. SRC contracts will be for up to a year with possibility for extension, subject to mutual interest, funding availability and performance reviews.
Program Manager will report to Program Directors of the education programs.
- Internal – Faculty, IIMJ Administration team
- External – Clients (Central or State Governments, Corporate)
- Interested candidates may apply online latest by 30.04.2022 furnishing full particulars of qualifications and experience.
- Only online application form will be accepted. Hard copy of application form will not be accepted.
- Candidates applying for more than one post should fill in separate online applications furnishing full particulars of qualifications and experience.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject/accept any candidature without assigning any reason.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications and experience will not confer any right to the candidates for being called for interview / written/ skills test or/and for his/her selection.
- Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment immediately.
- These positions are on purely contractual basis and co-terminus with the project. The project staff has no right to claim for a regular position in the Institute.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications and experience will not vest any right in candidates for being called for Interview/ written/ skills test. Decision of the Institute to call the candidates for interview/ written/ skills test shall be final.
- Appointments will be governed by the relevant service rules and regulations of the Institute as amended from time to time.
- No correspondence/queries will be entertained from candidates regarding e-mail delays, conduct and result of interview/ written/ skills test and reasons for not being called for interview/ written/ skills test.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication including appointment offer made to the candidate.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of Institute shall be final and binding.
- Preference will be given to DAP candidates if found suitable.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- No correspondence will be entertained in relation to this advertisement.
- For all positions, knowledge of computer applications is essential.
- The Institute shall not be responsible for any postal delay
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any of or all the posts.
- The Applicant must ensure whether he/she fulfils all the eligibility conditions for the post applied.
- Candidates with requisite qualifications acquired from recognized Universities/ Institutions only need to apply. Preference will be given to applicants who have acquired educational qualifications through full-time courses.
How to Apply:
- Fill in the application form online using the link below:
- Please address all queries regarding the application to firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone No: 0191-2585837.