Skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the start date of the program?
The program will start in October 2021.
- What is unique in this program?
The program will be delivered in the blended mode with on-campus modules so the participants can learn despite being actively involved in their works/jobs.
- How one can apply for EMBA at IIM Jammu?
- What would be the mode of attending the classes?
This will work in ablended mode. The classes will be delivered synchronouslyover the weekends. However, some of the on-campus moduleswill be delivered to enhance the academic rigour in the programme and the participants will be informed about the same in advance.
- Will there be any placement assistance after completing the program?
Since the program is for the working executives hence no assistance will be provided by the institute.
- Is it a part-time program?
Not exactly because it requires full participation from the participants in online synchronous as well as on-campus modules without affecting their working lives.
- Is there any international Exchange/Immersion for the Candidates?
IIM Jammu has various MoUs with its international partners and the international immersion will be planneddepending upon the threshold number of interested candidates on additional actual cost basis.
- Who will be bearing the cost of international immersion?
The institute will only facilitate the process of immersion but the entire cost of immersion will be borne by the candidate.
- Does the fee include travel costs?
No, all travel expenses for attending the on-campus modules will be borne by the candidates. The fee is exclusive of the boarding and lodging of the participants during the on-campus module.
- What are the eligibility criteria for EMBA?
- Graduation in any field with 50% (or equivalent CGPA).
- In standard X/ SSC and standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examination:
- General Candidate with 55%
- SC/ST/ PwD candidate with 50%/li>
- At least three years of work experience
- The candidate with a Valid CAT/ GMAT/ GRE score
- Failed to meet the validity of CAT/ GMAT / GRE score, a candidate has to appear inIIM Jammu Admission Test (IIMJAT)
- Finally, a merit list will be prepared based on IIMJAT or CAT score or GMAT/GRE score as per the EMBA Admission Policy.
- What is the format of IIMJAT?
The pattern for IIMJAT will be as follows –
There will be 3 sections in IIMJAT
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Verbal Ability (VA)
- Logical Reasoning (LR)
- When IIMJAT will take place?
The test will be conducted in September 2021.
- What kind of documents are needed to apply for EMBA?
At the time of registration for the program, a candidate needs to upload the following documents:
- Standard X/ SSC or equivalent examinations mark sheet
- Standard XII/ HSC or equivalent examinations mark sheet
- Graduation or equivalent examinations mark sheet
- Valid work experience proof
- Scanned photo of the applicant
- Scanned signatures of the applicant
- How will I get the information about selection?
List of selected candidates will be uploaded on IIM Jammu’s website.
- Do I have to pay any application Fee?
Yes, the non-refundable application fee is:
- INR 2,000 for General category/ OBC; and
- INR 1,000 for SC/ST/PwD category candidates
- What is EMBA program fee?
The course fee for resident Indians for the two years of the EMBA is INR 8,85,000/. The year-wise break-up is:
- First Year – INR 4,50,000
- Second Year – INR 4,35,000
- What kind of certificate I will get after the completion of EMBA?
The student will get an Executive MBA degree from IIM Jammu after successfully completing the program
- Am I eligible to get Alumnus status?
After the successful completion of EMBA, the student will be getting IIM Jammu Alumnus status
- Is there any option to exit from the program after the completion of one year?
In accordance with the NationalEducation Policy (NEP) 2020, the candidate can exit from the program after the successful completion of one year.
- Will I get any certificate if I exit after successfully completing one year?
The participant who chooses to exit after successfully completing the requirements of first year are awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Management
- Can I take a break inbetween the EMBA Program?
A participant with prior approval may be given a single break of one year at the end of any Term with a provision to join back with the next batch at the same stage of the program.