If there is ever a heaven on earth, its here, its here, its here” is rightly said for Jammu & Kashmir, and now it is the home of one of the newest Indian Institute of Management, IIM Jammu.
Jammu is a land of grand ancient temples, beautiful palaces nestled against the backdrop of the snow-capped Pir-Panjal Mountains, forested mountain ranges and river valleys. The temporary campus of IIM Jammu is being operated at Govt. College of Engineering & Technology, Old University Campus, Canal Road, Jammu. Permanent campus of IIM Jammu will come up at Jagti, Nagrota Road, Jammu (15kms from Airport on NH 33 ) over a sprawling area of 200 acres. The total covered area will be approximately 115800 area sq. mtrs (as per DPR) and is expected to be operative from 2021-22.
- Admissions: At present there are 114 students in IIM Jammu.
- Faculty: Faculty members from IIM Lucknow are delivering courses at IIM Jammu. The overall design , quality & delivery of PGP, is to the standards & with direct involvement of IIM Lucknow. There are five Faculty members who mhave joined recently at IIM Jammu
- Mentor Institute: Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, one of the top most business schools in India is mentoring IIM Jammu. IIM Lucknow in the past has successfully mentored three other IIMs- IIM Rohtak, IIM Kashipur and IIM Sirmaur.
- Mentor Director: First Director of the IIM Jammu is the Mentor Director Professor Ajit Prasad (Director IIM Lucknow).
- Convener: Prof. Anadi Saran Pande. is the convener of IIM Jammu. He has been actively involved in the development of course curriculum, under the guidance of mentor director.
- Academics: IIM Jammu has already stepped into the parlance of Management Education (PGPM) from August, 2016.
- Infrastructure :
- State of the Art Class Rooms
- Computing facilities: Internet Connectivity, Firewall, Wi-Fi facility, email system
- Recreation facilities
- Student's hostel
- Sports Facilities: Lawn tennis, basketball, volleyball & badminton.