All IIM Jammu full-time Research Scholars are provided fellowships. The fellowship covers all academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library fees) and hostel fee. In addition, research students are given scholarship and additional financial support as per details given below:
|1st and 2nd Year||:||Rs.30,000 per month|
|3rd and 4th Year||:||Rs.35,000 per month|
Additional Financial Support
|Contingency Grant||:||Rs.30,000 per year for four years|
|To purchase Laptop||:||Rs.50,000 one time grant|
|To attend Conferences||:||Rs.2,00,000 during PhD. Programme (including for max 3 national conferences) after completion of Comprehensive Exam.|
- Scholarship of Rs. 35,000/- per month will be paid in the 3rd year only after completion of two years and clearance of Comprehensive whichever is later.
- Selected candidates need to pay caution deposit of Rs.30,000/- at the time of registration. Caution money is refundable after adjusting dues, if any, at the time of leaving the Institute.
- Insurance premium will be deducted from the Contingency Grant every year.
- Contingency Grant will be available for purchase of books, stationary, journal subscription, professional annual membership fee (student rates) of one national and one international society, and travel related to thesis work.
- The institute reserves the right to charge any other fees from the students or increase the fees if considered necessary. Due notice would be given, while making such changes.
- Teaching Assistantships (TA) for one course per year is mandatory and unpaid. Max. one additional course is allowed for which a fixed stipend Rs.10,000 will be paid.
If any self-sponsored candidates want to join full time Ph.D., the applicant has to pay full fee as per IIM Jammu Rules.